Wellness Recovery Action Plan® (WRAP®)
WRAP® is a personalized wellness and recovery system rooted in the principle of self determination. Individuals use key concepts and a structured plan to identify how to stay well and create action plans to respond when difficulties arise.
WRAP® also includes a section for utilizing support when in a crisis and how informing supporters can best assist you in the situation by creating a pre-determined plan. WRAP® focuses on what individuals can do for themselves and how best to build and maintain support from others in their lives. It is designed to decrease distress, increase personal empowerment, improve the quality of one’s life and to achieve one’s goals and dreams.
WRAP® is an evidenced based practice that is used worldwide to address mental health conditions, physical health conditions, addictions, difficult relationships or plans to make changes in one’s life. It can be used individually by adults or children, in groups or for families. Applicability of WRAP® is limitless focusing on choice and options which work best for each individual.
Life challenges that a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) can help you address:
- Mental Health/Emotional disorders
- Relationships, including supporting others who are experiencing difficulties
- Job stress
- Juggling too many responsibilities
- Completing an advanced degree
- Social isolation
- Adjusting to/coping with short and long-term physical health issues (acute, chronic, evolving), e.g., diabetes, arthritis, MS, lupus, Parkinson’s disease, seizures, hepatitis, HIV+/AIDS, irritable bowel syndrome, all kinds of cancer, strokes, heart disease, incontinence
- Elective surgery and recovery
- Recovering from an accident
- Drug interactions/side effects
- Interacting with health care providers
- Major life changes, including, but not limited to… Marriage, having a baby or parenting, getting a divorce/separation, moving, job change, retirement
For Wellness Recovery Action Plan books (WRAP for Trauma, WRAP for Veterans and People in the Military, WRAP for Life, WRAP for People with Developmental Distinctions, WRAP for Kids, WRAP for Youth) go to www.wrapandrecoverybooks.com/store
WRAP® Overview (1 hr)
Presentation which outlines the 4 Elements of Wellness and Recovery with WRAP®. Appropriate as an introduction to using WRAP® or implementing a program.
There are no overview classes scheduled at this time. If you, or your organization, have an interest in attending or sponsoring any WRAP® classes, please fill out this form.
Seminar One Workshop (2 hours a week for 7 weeks)
Workshop facilitated by trained individuals using WRAP® in their lives. Curriculum is delivered as mutual learning model covering all 4 elements of WRAP®. The emphasis is on self discovery and creating a plan that can be used in one’s life.
There are no Seminar One Workshops scheduled at this time. If you, or your organization, have an interest in attending or sponsoring any WRAP® classes, please fill out this form.
Seminar Two WRAP® Facilitator Training (5 days)
Individuals who have completed a Seminar One Workshop and are regularly using WRAP®, qualify to be trained to offer Seminar One Workshops with fidelity to the model, including the values & Ethics of WRAP® as an evidenced based practice through this training which is co-facilitated by Copeland Center Certified Advanced Level WRAP Facilitators.
There are no Seminar Two trainings scheduled at this time. If you, or your organization, have an interest in attending or sponsoring any WRAP® classes, please fill out this form.